Location: Swallow Street, Piccadilly, W1B
Type: Commercial refurbishment
Client: Stewart Watson & Co.
Project Length: 8 weeks
Project Cost: £50,000
Project Brief: Refurbishment of the common areas of this office block, including the stairwell and two WCs, to a high standard and as per the design and specification of Stewart Watson & Co, with Orchard sourcing and supplying all materials and providing designs where necessary.
Challenges: The office building was occupied during the works, so we had to do the majority of the works out of hours and ensure the common areas were clean and clear of any materials or debris. We had to liaise directly with tenants regarding works that required access to their premises and because the works were completed out of hours we had to ensure that their offices were always secure. During the works, we identified a suspect vinyl floor covering and arranged for an asbestos test. The vinyl was then safely cleared away.
Work Carried Out:
- redecoration of common parts
- installation of new carpet tiles
- complete refurbishment of WCs
- replacement of broken windows
- spray painting of lift carts
- replacement of office fire doors
- specialist cleaning of front façade
- adherence to Construction (Design and Management) Regulations (CDM)