Location: Kenilworth Road, Ealing, W5
Type: Residential renovation
Project Length: 2 months
Project Brief: The client wished to renovate the top floor of her house, which was poorly insulated and outdated, to create a usable living space.
Challenges: We carried the work out whilst the family remained living at the property and it was important to protect the house whilst work was ongoing. A site manager was employed to manage the different contractors and ensure the project kept to schedule.
Work Carried Out:
- removal of all internal walls on top floor and installation of insulation throughout
- boarding-out of loft storage space
- installation of new lighting, pull-down ladder and loft hatch to loft storage space
- full refurbishment of existing bathroom, complete with new Velux window, walk-in shower with bespoke glass enclosure, new lighting and built-in storage
- engineered oak wood flooring laid throughout the top floor with new under-eave built-in storage
- full decoration of the top floor